Hearing Aid Maintenance
To minimise the need for repairs and to preserve the life of your hearing aids, regular and thorough maintenance is essential. Your hearing aids are sensitive devices, often with circuitry worn in the ear canal, and are highly vulnerable to damage from moisture and wax.
Please refer to the link for details about your recommended everyday at-home maintenance program.
Signs a Hearing Aid Requires Cleaning or Repair
If a hearing aid is not maintained properly, wax and moisture damage can lead to:
- a gradual or sudden loss of volume
- a reduction in the clarity of high frequency sounds so that they appear muffled or distorted
- whistle or feedback
- cutting out altogether
Our In-House Hearing Aid Cleaning & Maintenance Services
We provide guidance to help you care for your hearing aids. Maintenance tools, including a moisture absorbent kit, are provided as part of your hearing aid fitting package.
We provide all our hearing aid patients with:
- free in-house hearing aid checking and cleaning, using pressurised drying and vacuum suction equipment.
- minor in-house repairs
- hearing aid maintenance accessories at cost price
- bulk discount battery purchase
These services are available without an appointment between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm.
Hearing Aid Repairs
Hearing aid repairs are arranged through the manufacturer, with loan BTE hearing aids available for use while your hearing aid is being repaired.
Contact our Specialist Audiologists
For more information on hearing aid maintenance and repairs, give us a call or submit a form below.